1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

If you could do it over again..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by royalrooter77, Feb 16, 2014.

1. royalrooter77

royalrooter77 Junior Member

Just a question for the experienced plow guys on the site. Besides a good plow and truck, what other equipment do you wish you purchased as your companies have grown instead of what you did buy. What equipment did not work out for you and in hindsight what should you have bout?

Also what is your dream jack of all trades piece of equipment for doing medium commercial sites?

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

If I could do it over again, I would've gotten a real job working for someone and never started a property maintenance company!

3. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Great question!!! I would have invested in some property and put up a pole barn to store equipment, as well a place to work on that equipment. As of now, renting storage sucks.
    I would have bought the best equipment available instead cheap crap that breaks too fast.
    Also, I would put a 2 speed skid-steer at every site equipped with a plow and a snow bucket.

4. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

After 16 years of doing this this year we started running a wheel loader with a 19' arctic box on it and I wish I had done this years ago it saves so much time