1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

If you are looking to buy Timbrens...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Up North, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Just an FYI.

I found a company in NY with a decent deal on them. $154.95 with free shipping on the ones I need for my Silverado. Here's a link, seemed like pretty decent guys. I just ordered them and he said I should have them by Thursday...we'll see.

http://www.albanyspring.com/

Sean, I don't know if there is a rule against posting their web address, if so sorry. But I was just hoping some others could get in on their deal.

Buck

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  2. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Hmmm 10% off 2 kits?..... I want to get front and rear so i might take advantage of this... $279 for both.....

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Sounds like those in need should communicate to others in their area to take advantage of that discount- I'm sure many of us only need one set and could benifit from ordering with a neighbor.
    :salute:

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yeah, I forgot to mention the 10% off if you buy two Timbren products.

Buck

5. phishoook

phishoook Member

I can get them for 145 pluss shipping, so it comes out to be about the same

6. BIGRED1

BIGRED1 Member

ease of installation?

I have to get some also. Anyone know how ez they are to install?

7. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

Install

From looking at the picture of the install from my truck it didnt look like they would be that hard to install. All though i do have leaf springs up front. If you go to timbren's web site you can see how to install them on your truck

8. BIGRED1

BIGRED1 Member

thanks, I didn't even think to check the website.

9. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Installs with Timbrens are usually a piece of cake. I Installed on my Jeep in less than a hours time. Made a world of difference also. A great addition to any plow vehicle.

10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

The guy I spoke with at Albany Spring said it'd take me a 1/2 hour to install both sides. So I figure it may take me an hour, heck even a couple hours and I'd be happy. Doesn't look all that tough, I remember one of the members saying the toughest thing was getting the Timbrens set into the cup. He finally sprayed some silicone on them and slipped them right into place.

Buck

11. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

It took me 20 mins to put them on my Dodge. They're a piece of cake to put on.

12. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I've seen them on Ebay for $145 as well but if you buy two you get 10%off which is cheaper then Ebay.

13. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

The ones I have seen on Ebay (while never for my truck...) you still pay shipping....I'd rather buy from a real store than an Ebay seller.

shall we hijack this thread to make connections for orders? I'm game...

14. phishoook

phishoook Member

Not ebay, I can get parts from Ridged Hitch at discounted prices. SAM plow parts, lights, hitches, truck acess.

15. RX8_with_a_plow

RX8_with_a_plow Junior Member

I Have Ordered Them Here

I ordered 2 pair of Timbrens from this company about 3 weeks ago. They shipped fast directly from the factory and I had them in the time promised. I got 2 sets to give the springs a boost in the back.

With the back ones installed on my Chevy I did notice that it is a little bouncier now. The Timbrens have about an inch of travel before they make contact but when they hit the suspension instantly gets much stiffer. Boing. That doesn’t bother me because it reminds me of my old F-350. A truck should ride like a truck, right?

16. Up North

Up North Senior Member

That's good to hear RX8, mine should be here tomorrow. How were the rear ones for installation?

Buck

17. RX8_with_a_plow

Sorry Up North, hadn't logged on in a while. The rear were easy for me. I dropped the truck off in the morning and in the afternoon they were all installed.:p My garage consists of a slab with a pile of lumber on it and it was too cold to try to crawl around under a truck in the dark. They charged 1.25 hours labor if that gives you an idea.

18. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I guess it can't get much simpler then that...:rolleyes:

Update...I just got a call from Peter at Albany Spring, he said my Timbrens are back ordered from Timbren themselves and it will be next Thursday before they ship. Yeah it sucks that their backordered, but I'm impressed that they called me and let me know what's going on instead of leaving me hanging. Plus they credited back my credit card and will run it back through next week after they ship. These guys seem pretty customer orriented.

Buck

19. RX8_with_a_plow

One of my sets were backordered too but they still shipped in about 2 days.

20. Brookside

Brookside Member

I've put Timbrens on 3 different trucks and it couldn't be easier. They just go on in place of the factory "bumpstops". On the rear, if I wanted them to come into contact sooner, I attached a hunk of 2by P.T. lumber to the axle. works like a charm.