1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

if it was 4x4 i would buy this in a heartbeat

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fisher guy, Mar 4, 2009.

1. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Why would a dealer sit on a new truck that long?

It is soon to be 5 years old

3. fisher guy

maybe they couldent sell it kept passing it off at auction and it just kept falling thru the cracks and never sold im still finding some left over 07 350's so u never know

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

That seems nuts! Looks like its a fairly large dealer so maybe they forgot it was there... If it was red I would buy it been looking for a dump truck and I don't need 4x4

5. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

but its a ford,,,,

that is a great price tho..but after you put a bed/box on the end and plow on the front your uo to 20k already

6. fisher guy

for 13,500 for a brand new 450 with warranty and plow package can u say paint job lol if i was plowing for the town or the state i would buy it now that i think about it (I like my 4x4)

7. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping Senior Member
    from Medford

Agreed, as soon as you add a dump, or whatever it will add enough weight

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It's listed on there website for $19,791 best price with an msrp of $30,870 it's tempting... wonder what it would cost to get it here though I don't have the time to go to California and get it

9. fisher guy

lets say u pay some off the wall price for shipping lets say $5,000 i know crazy but just for example and u still come out on top for that deal. the more i look at it the more i want it. (smacks self) no i cant justify buying another truck lol just think trade in a wifes car or something (not recommended if ur wife is the violent type) and it would bring the price next to nothing

10. fisher guy

i just looked if u have an ebay account just click get a shipping quote its showing from $1,013 for open trailer transport to 2300 for enclosed trailer transport to central Florida so it would be a lot cheaper to have it go somewhere around u guys

11. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

is that a normal factory color? It might have been ordered by a municipality or city and then never picked up?

12. fisher guy

that could be the case as well as for the color i don't think it is normal but the way u order these 450 and 550s now a days it doesn't really matter they can make it hot pink if u want. i had one quoted and they never asked which of THESE colors would u like they just said whats ur favorite color on a truck lol

13. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

that would really be a steel if someone was lookin to do compact rolloffs.. .. that would be an AWESOME platform for a welding rig...

thast really cheep for shipping.

seems almost too good to be true

14. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I don't think thats a dealer...I think thats a ford stockyard...way too big to be a dealer...one of the GM stockyards is about 15 minutes from my house....it's gotta be easy 30 acres...

15. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

that would make sense of the price.. no one is selling anything these days... demand goes down .. so does prices!!!!! better to move the truck then just to sit on an older model thats not gonna make any oney

16. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Buy it and throw 4x4 setup from a wreck under it and youll be good. Plow with it for a year and add a body.

17. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

gas and two wheel drive... too bad would be an awsome truck to setup!!

18. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Not that easy. I think frames are different. you have to buy a kit to do it. A 4x4 wont just bolt up

19. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

ok so you add a box/bed and plow your at 20. whats a brand new one ordered from a dealer doing 50??? not a bad deal. i dont like fords but thats a pretty good deal.

20. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member