1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

if i have no head lights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by samjr, Oct 11, 2010.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Its a mm2 if there no lights on the plow well the plow still work or do u need the light for it to work

part 2 of the ? lol
    on the old style lights theres a ground that gos to the pump and on the new 1s there not how do they work ?:help:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes the plow functions will work without the lights.

There was and is dedicated separate common wires back through the harness to the truck side for the plow headlamps. The extra one you're thinking of that grounds on the plow side is the ground for the running and turn lamps.

You have to keep them (plow lamps, running and turns) separate so the plow lamp wiring can be configured for either a positive or negative common truck.

3. samjr

samjr Senior Member

On my plow theres a wire thats comes from the light and gos to the - on the pump.I was looking @ the Intensifiers today and that wire is not there on my buddy plow

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, on the intensifiers the headlamp commons and running/turn ground wires all remain in the harness and go back through to the truck...but they're still separate from each other.

5. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Ok i don't know i just tried my plow with out the lights and the plow well not work the hand held wont light up until i plug the lights in

PS... not saying your wrong in any way man

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't ask the right question.

The handheld needs to see a connection through the grill connector (on pin #2 and #7) to work. If you jump #2 and #7 with a jumper wire the handheld will work. But the lights don't have to...or even be wired for that matter.

7. samjr

samjr Senior Member

poop see

told ya u was not wrong lol just me being dumb lol ya some1 stole the lights off the plow last night so he asked me to move it today i said ya but we did not get no power to the plow lol

8. Did he use the "W" word with B&B?????

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't get me too high on the horse Dave, I'm only human too so I've burned up, blown up, bent and broken my fair share of things too.
    Plus that's the quickest way to learn via hands on experience. :D

10. Sorry, Mike

...but you are already held in the highest regard on this forum as far as I'm concerned, and although I was "in the business" for nearly 20 years, I can't hold a candle to your knowledge base.

Dave

11. samjr

samjr Senior Member

ok so looked today

How do u tell what # pine your on lol the hole ant numbered lol

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Clean all the crud and grease from the face of the plug and look closely, you'll see that it is.

But if they're not read-able you can also reference from the plow side plug too...

Untitledazx.png

13. samjr

samjr Senior Member

where did u

where did u get the pics from man a PDF or did u make it up ?

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sometimes do have to make them up but that ones right out of a DD wiring schematics PDF.

15. samjr

samjr Senior Member

i been looking

i looking for the last 2 hrs lol
    for this kinda pic for all the plugs

16. samjr

samjr Senior Member

whats the file name

if u can whats the PDF file name so i can dl it thanks man

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Right from page 6 located here Sam.