1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

If i decide to plow with my current ford, is this good MEAT?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Oct 28, 2004.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

heres the ford, (it has my trailer hooked up to it so its sagging a little) but is this good meat for snow?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  2. PremierLand

from detroit

dang, ill get a better pic tommarow when its not so dark, and not inbetween the driveway and house :)

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

If you mean tires "yes" they are fine. Don't spend the money on anything new unless they happen to be bad in snow which i doubt they will be. Thats the way i see it.

PS the truck looks good with the trailer, does it tow well, hows it do for gas?

4. PremierLand

from detroit

it tows alot better than my 98 dakota v6 :) lol. but its ALOT harder, its like driving a semi, kind of, that trailer is 7-16... but it tows soooo much better, and i cant really tell i have it (as far as rpms go). but gas..... well thats a whole different story, gets 7-9mpg compared to the 12-14 my dakota gets.

theres a pic of my dakota, its the everyday driver, and i use the ford as work and work only, and dakota for everyday to school, girls, and whatnot. its my baby, i love her!

heres the trailer too, its a 7-16, it has a 50" dixie and a 48 exmark sittin on her. and theres the curtis and snowex.

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes the trailers take some getting used to, i towed a huge boat down to Florida this summer and tow snowmobile/jetski trailers about twice a month and the truck completely sucks gas with the trailer attached especially at highway speeds.

6. PremierLand

from detroit

yep im used to the trailers. but it was just the truck i wasnt used to, it added about an extra 10ft compared to the dakota. and the turning radius isnt as tight. IE: when backing up its a little more difficult, but i can still squeeze my 7-16 ft trailer in between a 7.6 drive inbetween fence and house :-D

7. PremierLand

from detroit

heres a better pic of the truck, and the tires/wheels. i took the pic at the 3rd from last house today (then it got dark on me). anyway theres a 48" exmark, 50" Dixie and some other stuff sitting on that beautiful trailer. lol.

how is that meat on the truck though?