1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

If all this rain was snow.......

Discussion in 'Weather' started by grandview, Aug 15, 2008.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just in the paper the other day.From June 1st to Aug. 12th? of the 75 days this summer it rained 48 times ,so if that was snow I would of been out a quite a bit. Rain to snow ave. we would of had about50 -60 inches of snow already! That's more snow then NJ saw since it became a State:D

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

So that's what you were up to the last 3 days.......................building an ark. :D I hope you got all the Calendar girls on there to.

ark.gif

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Here in CT since june 1st we've had 22" of rain and 45" since Jan 1st. Thats nuts, our normal precip amount for the entire year is 42".

4. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Its all that darn global warming from you crazy plow truck drivers burning up all that fuel!

Yeah right.

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Hey 06hd and i have counted 2 foggy days so far, we are game for two snowstorms this year!:bluebounc:waving:

6. gkm

gkm Senior Member

make that 3 foggy days! this morning while mmaking my deliveries was very foggy ( all in NJ ):cool:

7. 06HD BOSS

we had a decent fog last night/this morning :D

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's really wet around here, I'm glad were done combining wheat. Our soybeans are strarting to drown out in places and mold is really starting to grow. I couldn't even imagine if all this rain was snow.:drinkup:

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Oh sweet....3 nice snowstorms coming our way! Everyone is getting ready...its coming!!!!:eek:

10. grandview

[​IMG]

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

LoL........perhaps we will get in on some lake effect this year GV!

12. Mustang1970

Mustang1970 Junior Member
    from Maine

don't want to imagine if all the rain in Maine was snow. I'd be buried!

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

You put the plow on and push ur way out!wesport:gunsfiring:

14. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

i just imagine that the snow this winter will be brutal and wondering

what are you going to do to make sure you don't price your jobs for to little plow times?

15. grandview

All seasonal and I base it on 25 plows for the season.

16. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

I heard them talking on the radio the other day, some meteorologist's believe that our weather has gone back into a wet cooler cycle, just it was a much more drastic change than what they had predicted.... now there saying that all this rain will continue to fall as snow just as frequently all winter, last winter we had 34 plow able events i believe i heard a contractor tell me, the last 2 years were 14 and 11... so if this is going to continue, those seasonal's based on 25 plow's... thats gunna hurt

17. 06HD BOSS

the way the last 3 years have gone up here, seasonal would be based on an average of 4 plows. typical winters before would be 15 at most

18. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Last year I think I dude a few driveways that I had about 6 times the whole winter

19. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

i think i might plan for about 20 to 25 allowable plow events on per season price after that i am going to charge!

20. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

22-25 is what i base my estimates off of al well