1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

If a customer wants...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Dec 20, 2004.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I do mostly residential and offer either per inch or per push pricing. If a residential customer wants the drivway clear without letting snow accumalate to much would most of you charge per push intead of per inch? I figured in having to arrive more times to clear a driveway to maintain it that the per push would be better that by charging per inch?

What do you think? Thanks
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I don't do any accounts by the inch. I have one residential that I do and it's $25.00 per push. It's about 25X20.
  3. DJL

DJL Senior Member

The problem you can run into with a per inch cost is the customer arguing how many "inches" there was. As long as the customer will sign your contract stating that whatever you say the snow accumulations are they are okay with it might be okay.

Charging "per push" eliminates this.

Our company charges in for total snow accumulations in any given 24 hour window. Something along the lines of 2-5", 6-9", & 10-12". I build in multiple visits for storms over 5". That way I do not have to worry about pushing every 2" or 1" or whatever. It aids in completely my routes more efficiently. Anything over 12" of accumulation we go to a per visit hourly wage minimum one hour per visit.
  4. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Does this pricing look good for residential? I under stand everyones costs differ, Im just trying to get into the ball park and want to keep it simple. These have 2 inch triggers. This is for a driveway only that is 2 cars wide, 4 cars deep. Thanks.

1-6 30.00
    over 6-12 50.00
    over 12 70.00 (Need help with how to price over 12 inches)

Please keep in mind there are many business in this area that plow.

JPMAKO Senior Member

here is how I do it

2"-6" = $30.00
    6"- 12" = $60.00
    12+ = $120.00

Plus $100.00 per/hr if I have to move piles.

Hope this helps,
  6. DJL

DJL Senior Member

It is very, very difficult for someone to critique your pricing. Pricing should be a direct result of your expenses and intended profit. So, with those prices can you cover your expenses and meet your goals regarding profit? The best way to do this is to estimate the amount of storms per year...then figure out the totals for the year.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sell her a seasonal at double the price if she wants it plowed below the minimum.
  8. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Grandview, most of the time people would say to use the search button, but in your case, it works too well.:laughing: 8 year old thread again?, your too much:laughing: I guess the advice is still good though
  9. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I get a kick out of anyone that quotes a price for 12+. :dizzy: Anything over 8" we go hourly, no way to predict how long it takes to clear that much snow at once. I'm getting more and more resis to move to seasonal pricing, much less to worry about.