1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Idleing problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tsmith821, Jan 7, 2005.

1. tsmith821

tsmith821 Junior Member

I've got a 95 K1500 and recently when I start up the truck for the first min it's ok. After that the rpm's start to flux between 1500 and 500 and then it will progressivly go to lower rpm's until it dies out. If I give it a little gas it seems to be ok after that. Possibly fuel filter? plugs and wires? cold? I don't know a whole lot about trucks so any help would be great.

On another note, occasionaly when I accelerate it seems to stay in 2nd gear or won't accelerate correctly, and then all the sudden it will kick in. any ideas?
  2. PackRat

PackRat Member
    from Kansas

My step-dad's 94 K-1500(which I used to own) had an unstable idle, but in didn't die out. Turned out to be a leaking intake, and degraded TBI base gasket.

I'd suggest getting it on a scanner and see what the numbers tell you.