1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

idle drop after throttle

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 06FX4Blizzard, Dec 5, 2009.

1. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

hey guys.. got a 2006 f250 gas job. When i let off the gas it drops down below idle and sounds like its gonna stall but dosent and the idles back up.. Any ideas what could be causing this.
    thanks.

2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Its kind of young but you might want to look into giving your throttle body and plenum a cleaning, seems way to young to have a fouled injector, last time you switched your air filter?

3. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

i just bought the truck a few days ago.. its got 113,000 miles on it.. i will check the filter tomomorow. i was thinking a fuel injector as well or maybe a spark plug..

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

oh shite,,,,,with that many miles on it,,,then it may be a bunch of different things,,,,in addition to what i mentioned it may be an injector,,,,a fuel filter, or even a throttle position sensor

5. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

even if the check engine light isent on, would a code reader be able to find something ???

6. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Yes a code reader would tell you alot about the problems. Run down to autozone have them read the codes

7. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Also seen fuel pumps give a similar condition when they have got weak.
    But if the pump is weak you will normaly also see a lack of performance in another
    area.

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It's your idle air control valve ( IAC ) if it has one. It's responding too slow. Does it not idle sometimes when you start it in the morning?

9. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

i think its the iac also.. i called some auto stores and its a part i can only get from ford...so i gonna have to make some more calls now ... lol

10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That new of a truck your out of luck. That's one of the parts FORD likes to make little changes on. So you have to get it from them for 5 - 6 years. I had the same problem with my Woundstar. I called and looked on the net all day, no luck!
    It was $120 out the door. Normally $55-65 at Advance.

11. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

well i called ford and they told me you cant get it seprate and its showing up on there computer as part as the throttle body manifold. You have to buy the whole assembly. Saying the idle control valve is rivited to the side of it. 180bucks for the whole thing.. iam gonna try running fuel injector cleaner through it the next 4-5 tanks and see if that dont clean it up..