1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Idiot Light

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by trycyber, Jan 18, 2010.

1. trycyber

trycyber Junior Member

What controls the dash light that lights up when you shift into 4h or 4l? Shifter is on the floor of a 2006 dodge 2500 and the light went out on the dash. Still goes in 4h 4l 2wd no problem.:confused:

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i think theres a switch on the transfer case. i guess start there and work your way up to the dash.

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I have a 1998 2500 and that was where it was. Replaced last year.

4. Diesel Nick

Diesel Nick Member

My 2004 has the same problem, Does anybody have the part # for the switch?

5. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

i got the same issue- the sensor was $31.

I haven't installed it yet, but it looks pretty easy. I can get you the part# if you like, i threw it in the glove box.

6. trycyber

trycyber Junior Member

Part # and name of the sensor would be great! Thank you. I thought I was the only one with this problem. LOL!

7. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

sorry, had some plow issues today...it is part#5134375-AA

8. Diesel Nick

Diesel Nick Member

Thanks for the part #, it that an OEM or aftermarket part

9. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

It is a Mopar part

10. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

Just changed mine out this morning. It was pretty easy once I found where the part was and how to get a socket on it. I had to snake my arm around the driver's side exhaust pipe- good thing it was cold. Crawl under the driver's side, find the floor lever linkage and look back toward the bed for a sensor and wire right on the top of the t-case. You'll need a deep 7/8" socket and a ratchet and about 5 minutes time.

11. Diesel Nick

Diesel Nick Member

Cool, thanks for the info. Now I just need to find a warm place to replace mine.