1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Idiot blocked my path

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowGood, Jan 18, 2009.

1. PlowGood

PlowGood Member

Was plowing a fast food place the other day. I came out the exit and tried to make a u-turn (going left) to get back in the entrance to push again. I cannot quite make the u-turn into the entrance (I'm in the right lane of traffic, hugging the curb, heading the wrong way). All other times, cars stop and wait the 3 seconds while I backup slightly to cut the wheel and then go forward again.

Not this guy, in a pickup. I had my hand and arm out the window, motioning for him to stop, as he sped up and tried to squeeze between the plow and the curb. He puts his front bumper 3 inches from the plow and starts yelling profanities that I should back up out of his way. I told him I couldn't move and he had to back up since we were blocking traffic.

I put it in park, with hazzard lights on and just sit and listen to the radio while he screamed more curses. A bit over a minute goes by and a squad car pulls up next to the other guy. He starts barking that I won't get out of his way. The female cop looks pissed. Looks at me, I wave. She then tells HIM to back up and let me through. Guess he never figured on being told to back up by the cop.

I continue on plowing, half expecting the cop to pull in and flag me down. But never did.
  2. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

ERCKWD Member

Nice job on not letting the guy get to you and just turning up the music, that must have been a priceless look on his face when the cop told him to back up
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

you got lucky on that one, especially since u were facing the wrong way. that guy was a jerk though
  5. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

Hey when your working . I don't care if it is the wrong way as long as the job is done. Hopefully you also get out of there quicker too.
  6. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

DAMN i love it when im plowing and people have to wait makes my day... gives them the time to think and calm down....
  7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Well usually police are going to lean towards the plow drivers side.... Rather than some "guy" driving around in his truck. The police here are pretty cool here. Because if you think about it, pretty much everything you do in a plow truck is illegal when it's not snowing.
  8. I love stories like this. My day during a storm would go by so much smoother if we didn't have ignorant A---holes like this guy in the truck.

Grant it, I had a plow driver pull up behind me tonight when back dragging and slowly (really slow) move out of my way. I just wanted to ram the stupid bass-tard with my Dodge Ram!!!
  9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It seems though if your nice with them and keep cool they don't have much of a problem with whatever you were doing. Of course there is always some that are out to get everyone but most are reasonable people if you act normal around them. Usually around here if your doing something wrong while plowing (facing the wrong way in lanes, pushing snow onto the edge of the road before you push if into piles, etc) if they stop usually it's just to make sure your going to move the piles when your done or that your being careful and waiting/watching for cars before you go do your crazy driving in the street infront of the account your doing. Most of the time they don't stop unless it's something major, who want's to get out of their warm car/suv anyway when its 15, snowing like mad, and windy anyway just to tell a guy he can't do that when he will be in someone elses district in under 5 minutes??:D
  10. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

The tool bags abound, they know no limit in this Memememememe generation. Of the few seconds it takes for the plow truck to maneuver these drivers will risk everything to block or recklessly pass in your way demanding the right of way, ignoring the situations, lights, road conditions, etc.

The best is when they drive like this and tag a snow bank and get stuck, yup :rolleyes: or find that their car had attracted a serious amount of tall snow walls over night.
  11. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday Member

LOL gotta love it!!!!