1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Identifying plow assy

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wallyj, Dec 22, 2008.

1. wallyj

wallyj Junior Member

Hello all! I am a newbie to plowing, a friend of mine offered me a basket case that he said would fit my 1982 Bronco, I'm a little concerned about it and want to make sure it was supposed to be on my truck. Trouble is I can't find any identifying marks on the harness or the plow itself. I have a few picks and thought I would post them and see if anyone could help me out.

My other issue is that the E47 pump is cracked at the base, from much abuse I'm sure, is that a relatively easy or cost effective peice to replace? Or should I go straight to buy a new one? I'm just clearing snow for myself and a friend, nothing professional, but any help is appreciated!

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the E-47 base is $185 on ebay.
    the only way you can know if the mounting carton will fit your truck without numbers is to try to put it on.
  3. huss691981

huss691981 Member

The sump base is not that hard to replace if you have some mnechanical ability. Go to the cpw site and print out the user manaual....www.centralparts.com/Common/Documents/PDFs/Meyer/1-562 R14 E-57 Manual.pdf.... That is the link, don't know how to make it an active link. If you are goint to replace the base, you nees to tear down the entire power pack. If you are doing this you might as well rebuild the pack. At the very least, you need to replace the seals and fluid while you have it apart. Any idea if the plow worked befor the base cracked? It might work out to your advantage to have a repair place take a look at it and just pay them to fix it. It is so much easier to fix if you have a test bench. Mike
  4. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

looks like a mongral, Meyer pump, western blade, who knows waht type of mounts and lift?

Good luck!