1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Identifying current truck side set up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by yank24, Feb 3, 2014.

1. yank24

yank24 Junior Member

Just bought a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. It has a 4 port module with 3 front plugs. The cab harness is a 14 pin round with threads. Can anyone tell me what kind of plow this was for? I would like to find a used western straight blade. The truck also has brand new UltraMount truck brackets. They don't even have a scratch on them and still have the serial number stickers on them. The wiring on the other hand does appear "aged" but in good shape.

2. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

thats fisher 3 plug wiring for sure. i have an 8 ft fisher 3 plug and its the same.
  3. yank24

yank24 Junior Member

Will this work with a western plow. I am looking at an 8ft. Ultramount straight blade. If not will I need a whole new truck side harness? Will I be able to reuse the 4 port isolation module.
  4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

It is fisher wiring but it is also the same as western so if the push plates are western like you say they are then you can buy a western plow no problem.
  5. mksent02

mksent02 Member

Your in cab harness is for a western/fisher v plow. You can buy an adapter for a straight blade controller or change out just the in cab harness.