1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Identifying and possible conversion

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mcwlandscaping, Jan 28, 2013.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I just bought the F350 in my sig and it has a boss trackside setup on it for a straight blade. It's great because I've wanted an excuse to try out boss plows! How do I tell what boss plows I can hook up to? Does boss have different year ranges that may or may not work on the truck? I know nothing about boss plows at all. Also, I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything but what does or would it take to make a V plow work on this truck? Is it a whole setup change or can certain harnesses be changed to make it work? I'm excited for this opportunity... If i like it I think my 550 would look good with a DXT on it wesport
  2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Straight blade and V wiring harness's are the same. All you need is a different controer (can run a straight blade on V controller but obv not the other way around). Still don't understand why boss doesn't advertise this especially with western introducing the "fleet flex"..
  3. Dave Brule II

Dave Brule II Junior Member

WilliamOak is correct. The undercarriage and harness are compatible with most of our plows. Sport Duty and 10 Ft. models have different undercarriages for safety reasons. We look forward to your feedback once you try it out.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Thank you both very much for your information! I am looking forward to finding a blade....even more incentive now to find a V for the 350 in the meantime though! I'm assuming based on what you said that the truckside on the f350 would be able to hookup to a regular straighblade (trip edge or blade) or either the powerV or VXT plows? Also very interested in the new big spreader that you have just come out with for my 550 for next year. Hopefully there will eventually be a 3+ yd model that'll fill my truck.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  5. Dave Brule II

Dave Brule II Junior Member

Yes. You will be able to hook up any of our blades except the 10 ft. or Sport duty. Straight, trip-dege, V, VXT or DXT. Enjoy...
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't worry about all the seemingly complicated details and interchangeability issues you're used to Mike, you don't have to be half a genius to figure it all out- as you're talking simplicity now. Shoot me a PM or email if you want to chat. :waving: