1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Identifying a mount and nose piece

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by rpdwyer, Oct 26, 2009.

1. rpdwyer

rpdwyer Member

I picked up a 24 series with mount for my 2003 dakota. The seller said it came off a 2000 dakota... no way. There's no way this mount was made for this truck and via the PDF's for install instructions I pulled off the web, it definitely doesn't match what is in the PDF's. How do I identify this mount... I can't see any stamped numbers on the mount or nose piece but it doesn't meant they aren't there... it is a bit rusty in spots.

Any help is appreciated.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Post a picture, I might recognize it i've seen a few;).

3. rpdwyer

rpdwyer Member

OK, Finally got some pics. Once it's identified, anybody interested in it?

PlowFrame.jpg

P1010120.jpg

P1010119.jpg

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

87- 00 Dodge Dakota

5. rpdwyer

rpdwyer Member

The guy I bought it from said it came from a 2000 Dakota and said it would fit my 2003. It did not. I ended up buy a mount off a 2000 dakota that did fit my 2003. They must have made two different mounts that year.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'd bet they either had two different Dodge front ends or my memory is slipping a little an that frame change was in 1999.

Shut up Plamer:laughing:

7. rpdwyer

rpdwyer Member

This mount/nose combo has been sold to the first person who contacted me via email through this site. Thanks for the interest.

--Rick