1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Identify This Loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by NBSnowGuy, Aug 21, 2011.

1. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

This is at the auction and I'm thinking about going to look at it. The model number provided by the auctioneer (73-001L) does not match a Deere Loader as far as I know.

What do you think it is? What year?

Serial number is 195598T

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  2. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

Looks like a Deere 444
  3. toyotaplow

toyotaplow Member

Looks like either a 444 or 544 John Deere model B. I believe it would be early to mid 70's. I run one at work and it is a very fast little loader and runs great. The only issue we are having is finding parts, they have stopped making most parts for it and they are getting harder to find all the time.
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

544B, late 70s
  5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

544b would be my best guess
  6. turfguy87

turfguy87 Member
    from OHIO

It looks exactly like a 544A (early '70s model)
  7. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

Yeah. Turns out it was an early 70s 544. Someone got it for $8600. Scilent auction format. I wish I had bid more now. It is in a lot better shape than it looks.
  8. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

Think you could do a whole lot better than that. It obviously needs four new tires at least - that should be good for $6,000-8,000, adding up to at least $15,000 for an almost-40-year-old loader.
  9. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

It has 6000 original hours a snow blade and snow bucket as well. Looks rough but that's from sitting by the water all year long.
  10. gvm

gvm Member

Thats a 1974 544A JD