1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Identify these ultramounts- (pic)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GripTruk, Dec 24, 2005.

1. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

These are being sold as ultramounts for a 89-98 chevy.

[​IMG]

Does anyone know if this is what that would look like? It sort of doesn't look right to me, but I've never seen what they look like just sitting on the floor without the inserts, so I could be wrong...
    any experts?

are there different mounts for 1/2 ton and 3/4, 1 ton, and if so, which might these be?

thanks for any help

-Jer

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

fits 1/2 and 3/4 ton classic GM, looks like some pieces are missing (frame inserts) and looks like the 2 smaller pieces in front are something custom they made up (not western parts).

3. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

What would the frame inserts be?
    Is that like a piece of flat stock with threaded holes that you slide into the frame so you can bolt into blind holes in the frame? I assume that would be available seperate. Would this be worth buying for $80 or $100 ?

I am possibly buying a plow that fits a 2003 chevy so i just need to convert it to fit my 97 Tahoe. If this is the correct part to fit my truck is this all I would need (besides some wiring possibly)?

-Jer

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  4. Crash935

there are a couple of pieces that go in the frame, you can buy the parts seperatly.

I'm having a hard time telling if all of the pieces that are shown are complete, do you have any other pics or a link?

go here for a picture of all the parts,

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/67942_020102.pdf

5. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Thanks a lot, that's the only picture.
    If I need all those plates and spacers and stuff and the cross bar it seems like it might not be worth it.

There seems to be a lot more to the mount than this guy has.

-Jer

6. bcramer1

bcramer1 Junior Member

I just put a new Ultra on my 98 chev, the only thing that I recognise are the two larger pieces that bolt to the frame. You are missing the cross bar and the two receivers that go under those mounts on both sides. I had to do awkward drilling and got the plasma cutter out to enlarge the holes in my frame. The mount wouldnt go up all the way so I had to cut about 1/4" off the bottom of the holes that line up in the frame.:(

7. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Is that YOU who bought it Crash?

8. Crash935

Not me GT, got enough other stuff to keep me busy.

9. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

oh hehe, the guy who won the auction was like crash9er or something.
    weird.

Happy New Year!