1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Identify spreader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by samnage, Nov 9, 2009.

1. samnage

samnage Junior Member
    from WI

hi all,
    (hopefully this is the correct forum. If not, can you tell me where I should post this?)

We purchased a plow truck for our farm, but don't need the speader. I know nothing about them. Can someone tell me what the model number of this spreader is? It came with a 10.5 Briggs. Any idea what they are worth? The spreader appears to work ok.

Thanks!

IMG_0859.JPG

2. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

It is a 2yrd Swenson. If it runs good and the chain is still good and its fairly solid its worth $1400-$2000. swenson makes all Meyers spreaders.

3. samnage

samnage Junior Member
    from WI

Thanks a bunch!

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Meyer owns Swenson so you should be able to get parts from your local Meyer dealer.

5. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

what part of wi are you from might be looking for anouther spreader have you tryed starting it?

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck on parting with it.

7. samnage

samnage Junior Member
    from WI

Stevens Point area.

If you are interested, PM me your phone number.

Thanks!