1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Identify/Criticize this V?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Skeezix, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Skeezix

Skeezix Junior Member
    from Decorah

The pictured V is on a F350 I might go check out. Sorry no pics of hoist or mount or anything. They are advertising the truck price as $3000 less without the plow. It's a long drive so I am looking for info in advance. Can you tell which particular Boss V this is? Keep it on for $3K or find a different used V to replace it? I've read about concerns with the trip design. I am not a commercial plower, just need it for my farm and long drive that drifts in badly sometimes. The truck is a Powerstroke so I'd load it up with rock and take it slow so not to beat up the plow. As a sign of my patience, I've been nursing an ancient Meyer straight blade for six years and it's a real POS.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a 9.2 early 2000's ,late 1990's offer a grand for the plow, or tell them to take everything off.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can use the plow's condition as a gauge on the level of care and maintance the truck recevied. Example; missing blade bolt.

Also if the plow mount height is right,they carried sort of some counter weight, perhaps a spreader or salt. Check the rear spring mounts and frame for rust.
  4. Skeezix

Skeezix Junior Member
    from Decorah

Good catch. I was thinking it had a salt spreader. Rust around fender and crappy liner or paint on rockers. Only 160000 miles but I bet you are right, they were damn hard miles. Short box, what I'm looking for, and a V on it so it would have been ready to go for me, but I guess I'll keep shopping.

Thank you both.

Here is the listing.
  5. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Now that you tell a little more.

I don't know. For 10 grand with that few miles on a 7.3 and includes V blade. To the right person that's a huge steal.
  6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

That plow is not worth anywhere near 3k...