1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Identifing plow mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by thejcode, Nov 13, 2011.

1. thejcode

thejcode Junior Member

Step father put me in charge on finding a used plow for him. Sold a plow truck for $2300 and putting a plow on his 03 F250 (xcab long bed 4x4 v8).

I'm keeping a eye out for plows but for starts, he has a buisness relationship with local auto shop that is offering him his "older" boss v-plow. Plow wasn't at his place but said I can go look at plow mount. The mount is on a 1991 Chevy, I think, 1500 4x4. This is what it looks like and for life of me can't find a similar mount.

He say's a 1992 BOSS v plow

2. Mgbss

Mgbss Junior Member

Its a Boss RT1 The old style that had the Plow Carriage and mount permanent on the truck and just the blade and A frame disconnected. I doubt if there was ever a mount built for your truck
  3. thejcode

thejcode Junior Member

Judging by the bumper hardware it had as part of the plow, thats about what i figured, Thanks!