1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

identification? plow mount?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by randomb0b123, Sep 24, 2011.

1. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

whats going on here? trying to help another member what mount is on theyre truck [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. x.system

x.system Senior Member

You sure its for a plow? Might be for one of those grill guards, I have no idea.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

x2 on grill gaurd stuff prob.

looks way to thin for plow mount . and also most mounts dont turn 90* and have a flat plate mount like that .

4. randomb0b123

from america

very well could be i was in the same boat ive never seen a plow mount anything like that and it also has this wiring just tied up. think it could have been some silly offroad lights?
    [​IMG]

5. toyotaplow

toyotaplow Member

I drive an '01 F-350 at work that has that same bracket on it. I figure being as light as it is it must have been for some kind of bumper or grill guard. It would be interesting to find out what it is for.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did the truck have a plow on it before? Could be a bracket were the blocker beam was mounted before it was removed for a plow mount.

7. randomb0b123

from america

do not know assuming no because this dosent seem to be a plow mount

8. fireside

fireside Senior Member

thats were the front lower ICC bar was removed for some reason.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Blocker beam

10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

it not a plow mount it where the blocker beam bolts to