1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

identification help

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jdizzle, Sep 9, 2009.

1. jdizzle

jdizzle Junior Member

I aquired an 8 foot snoway plow it is an older 3 pin model and the only number i can actually read complete was 96100083A and that was off the pump. It came off an 96 chevy silverado and will be going on an 03 1500 ram. Just looking to find out what it is and i also need a wriring harness as the previous owner had no patience and destroyed it!! any info would be appreciated

Thanks jeremy

2. jdizzle

jdizzle Junior Member

it also has a fenner pump

IMG00475.jpg

IMG00474.jpg

IMG00483.jpg

3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I can't tell in the photo, does the lift cylinder have one or two hoses coming out of it?

4. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I think it is a 25 Series with DP but I was not working for S-W when they used the Fenner Pump system that is on that plow.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's a 8 foot 25 series with Down Pressure

Your problem is going to be finding the mount as the 99100465 mount is extinct.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  6. jdizzle

jdizzle Junior Member

Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it!! I have the mount from the chevy just going to rework it to fit. Just need to get a wiring harness and a few random bolts that need replacing and i already have a new piece of poly! is there any areasi should keep an eye on that are prone to breaking?

7. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I would do a thorough check of all the welds to check for cracks, stress fractures, etc. and repair as necessary. Flush and fill the hydraulic system.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Definitely drain flush and refill. Meyer hydra flush is a great product for use in flushing the unit. Could be worth pulling the tank for cleaning and a filter change. Be sure to use premium plow fluid, the unit will work better, faster and be more energy efficient. Check the swing frame ends and center pivot for cracks or broken welds. The bell crank and lift bars have bushings (1@96102227 2@96102271) that could be in need of replacement. Check the bell crank for wear at the bolt holes if the bushing have been run to failure. It doesn't look like that unit has had a pampered life. clean all the electric connections and add di-electric.

Here is the service manual
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Fenner Repair/97100036A.pdf

owners manual
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100200E.pdf

parts manual
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97100204j.pdf

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Definately check the bushings and tighten all bolts.