1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ideas please.....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bowmans, Oct 6, 2005.

1. bowmans

bowmans Junior Member

hey everyone im just starting out in business this year and i want to take my lawn care service "full service" by adding a snow removal service...i have a 1999 chevy s 10 4X4. Im not looking into doing much more then small to medium residental driveways because i know the size of my truck will restrict me. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good plow for an s 10 and any tips i might need to know when using a smaller truck. If i could get a bigger truck i would.

2. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

western makes a 6.5 foot plow for small trucks. i would look for a deal near you and check them out. good luck and happy plowing

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Look into a Fisher Homesteader and Western Suburbanite.

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

where are you in mid Michigan?

5. bowmans

bowmans Junior Member

Grand Blanc, about 15 mins south of Flint

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard 720lt is the perfict plow for that truck.

7. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Snow-way, western, or fisher. I would check these brands out.

8. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Snow-Way :redbounce

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto over here.. :nod:

10. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

And its made in Michigans UP, :nod: support a home state company, :drinkup: god knows Michigan needs it! :nod:

11. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Use what you have

Use what you have to your advantage. It seems most people getting into the business now have 3/4 ton crew cabs 8' + size plows. When I lived in Buffalo NY there were tons of Jeeps w/6.5' on them, perfect for small tight, old drives.

I would advertise yourself as "specializing in narrow driveways" or something like that. Take what you think is a negative and spin-it positive. Flier the heck out of small city drives or older neighborhoods with the smaller driveways, and let them know you have the correct equipment for the job.

Consider getting a pull-behind plow also, thats another thing those guys with Jeeps in Buffalo had.