1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ideas on this bid!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by USIC, Oct 13, 2006.

1. USIC

USIC Junior Member

hello everyone,i'm new to this site and already have a bid question.i live in central NJ,not sure what the rate is out here that other guys are getting,but this is my second season in business and need to give this guy an estimate.price will include plowing lot and sidewalk,and salting as well.(don't pay any attention to the dirt lot on the right)not sure of square footage.i will be using a 1 ton pickup with 8' straight blade and salting with a western 2000 tailgate spreader,using bagged salt.not sure how much salt i will need for this.job is about 15 minutes from my house.
    would you guys charge like this?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Theres really know way to say what you should get or how you should charge, seeing as im not from your area. The way you break down pricing structure might have to be set up by the property owner. Some preffer the 2-5", 6-9" etc.. and some wanna go seasonal. Seems really straight forward and easy to plow. On a regular type storm that shouldnt take more than 30min, but then again i cant make out where the sidewalks are or how many. Tought to say without walking the property, but from that shot...for under 12" i would easily charge $250 for just snow removal (not including walks). Double that over 12". But dont forget thats what it could be worth in my area...dunno about yours. Seems like alotta space at the end of the lot to stack snow. If you know anyone thats been plowing for a while have them go take a look at it and give you ballpark numbers.
  3. jbone

jbone Senior Member

Be careful with that too. (although it is a good idea). Make sure its someone you trust that wont tell you to bid some absurd price and they come in to bid under you. I know of one person around me that did something similar to this to one of his FRIENDS!!!!
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Yeah your right gotta watch out for the scum bags. Luckily when i started my uncle was in the business for 20years and helped me out a ton.
  5. USIC

USIC Junior Member

theres only about 40-50' of sidewalk up front.yeah 06 hd boss i was thinking around the same thing $250-300 and then doubled after 10'' or so.but i figured it would take at least 45 minutes to do a nice clean job of plowing,and maybe 10 minutes of snow blowing the walks.is that the way you charge in your area,like one set price from say 2''-10'' inches and then doubled after 10'' of the set price?