1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ideas/help for installing wiring harness in 04' chevy 2500HD

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pklues, Sep 18, 2011.

1. pklues

pklues Junior Member
    from 55066

Hi, I purchased a used boss plow for my 04' Chevy 2500HD and would like to do the install on my truck myself. I'm seeing if anyone has any pictures and knowledge of just the general layout for the wiring harness: where should I mount the solenoid, headlight relays and so on? Any help would be appreciated!

Also, my truck is "stock" and I'm wondering what I should do to the front end suspension to handle the plow; is it recommended to install timbrens? how much should I crank up the torsion bars?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

As far as the wiring goes, I mounted the solenoid and relays right to the side of the fuse panel under the hood. Very easy to access there. I have a 04 duramax and I don't have a lot of room under the hood anyway so I took the extra wiring and coiled it up and stuck it next to the battery on the drivers side. That's really the only place I had room to do so. As far as suspension goes get a set of timberns for the front, crank the t-bars about 5 turns each and put about 600 pounds of ballast behind the rear wheels.