1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for spreader mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOODY367, Jul 27, 2010.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I have a hitch mount spreader. Snowex 1575. I need to make it swing out of the way to load snowblowers. Anyone have any ideas?

2. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

spreader mt.

Sure, receiver bracket comes out of hitch makes right turn to end of the bumper (side), hinges to another tube runing back to the center (on top of) the tube coming out of hitch, where the spreader mounts. Last year I saw an INCREDIBLE gas grill designed for tailgate parties at The Home Depot with a mount exactly like this, and the grill was BIG and HEAVY you probably could search it and find one like this. Anyway, just an Idea.

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Sounds good. Would like to see one. I will try a search and see what comes up. Thanks

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

http://www.************.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15644

Well since Plowsite is paranoid about posting links to other sites, do a google search "snow ex swing mount" .

There is a pretty trick set up for this on another snow site.

Here is just one picture from the thread over there. There is more pics of it over there posted by GLS.

snow ex swing.jpg

snow ex swing.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  5. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

spreader

WOW you just post the picture in my mind

6. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

thank you for the info, found the tread and thats what I am looking for. My spreader is 55lbs heavier than the one in the photo. It should work out fine.