1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ideal setup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JThompson, Nov 12, 2003.

1. JThompson

JThompson Member
    from NYC

I'd be interested in hearing what everyone's ideal setup for plowing would be. Truck, plow, spreader, accessories, etc. If you could explain a little bit on why you choose as you did it would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hi J:waving:

My ideal set up would be a straight axle 1 ton Chevy extended cab shortbed with 9.2 Boss V plow, Boss reciever mount spreader, and as many strobes as I could put on it.:)

The reason I choose Boss products is because I've operated trucks with westerns, meyers, and Boss plows. Liked the westerns, love the Boss, and couldn't stand the meyers. Nothing but problems with the meyers. Luckily they weren't my equipment.
    I'm sure some will disagree but that's just my opinion.:waving:
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

MY ideal truck is a F350xlt reg cab with a v10 with a 8ft fisher mm2 and a, 3 yard sander.OR a dodge 2500 with a cummins engine and same plow set up with a large sander,
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Ford f450 dump 9 foot fisher x blade plow. Fisher or air flo hopper spreader.Mini light bar and rear led lights. led brake lights
  5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

Reg Cab for visibility - no tailgate
    8 1/2 ft Western straight blade
    7 ft Snowman back plow w/ box sides
  6. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

If money was no object.....

a UniMog with every snow option they could bolt on.. or bring with it. :eek:
  7. Got Snow

Got Snow Senior Member

i saw that show on the history channel last night. very cool piece of equipment (and all the accessories) i'm surprised they're not more popular.

anyway, i've been thinking alot about the "ideal set-up" for myself

i'd have to say my one ton ford, frame shortened for 6' box (dumper), a huge central hydraulic set up with its own dedicated engine. hydraulic steering with rear wheel steering, some type of custom under-body sander/salter (maybe liquids), a custom rear plow with wings and down pressure, folding either underneath or in place of the tailgate, a custom front mounting system with accessories like a blizzard plow, a snowblower, and a loader bucket. and for those extreme conditions throw in a track system and maybe a roll cage.

anyone have a welder and some shop space? :D
  8. PLOWMAN45

there are 2 unimogs on ebay one for 9k and the other for 20k less then a new ford or chevy:redbounce
  9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

ok the truck i dream about is a 2004 ford f-350 srw reg.cab 4x4, auto, 6.0l deisil, bright red. it would have a full size light bar, strobes throughout the truck, and spot lights. A 8.5ft western pro plow plus with the ultra mount system, and a Fisher pro-caster stainless steel v-box spreader. it would have a small lift in it with all terrain tires, and the tail lights would be blacked out. it would have tinted windoes and a very nice sterio system:)
  10. farmertim

farmertim Member

My dream machine

JBC 165 4X4 with Air brakes, crab steer, CD player with changer

front and rear three point and 540/1000 PTO with a Storm fighter 14' V/box plow out front.

Maximum road speed is 43 mph, estimated time plowing an

average drive...... 2.8 min...

AC too for when I use it in the summer....
  11. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

3 Words

12. Got Snow

Got Snow Senior Member

Re: My dream machine

does this exist? any links?
  13. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Setup with something other then a Meyers this truck would do it for me.

hummer pic.jpg
  14. PLOWMAN45

more meyers plow bashing:gunsfiring: :angry: