1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ideal Gas Station Set Up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BandBLawnCare, Oct 11, 2014.

1. BandBLawnCare

BandBLawnCare Junior Member
    from Ironton

We have some stations we can pick and choose which ones to do they range from small to some big(ish) truck stops

What would your ideal set up from scratch be
    truck and utv or atv

2. nixray

nixray Senior Member

No truck. JCB telehandler (or the like) with a Kage. And a quad/UTV
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Truck with a plow on it. Don't over think it
  4. nixray

nixray Senior Member

Not overthinking it with a JCB. The crab & all wheel steer and ability to stack with the boom. Will make for a very easy season
  5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Truck with a Vplow works the best But a straight plow with wings works to I have done my share of Stations
  6. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

one of the problems with gas station is where to put the stacked snow. without knowing the stations in question its hard to say what equipment would be best. I did a couple with a quick mart that had no place to put the snow. and they didn't want to pay for me to remove the snow. That brings up the point that all gas stations by me never want to pay. they are very cheap so to bring in equipment that cost a lot of money will not pay off IMO. You also don't want an employe thats going to damage all the fill spots that are on the ground. its like having multiple man hole covers and makes for a bad day if you start puling them out. I don't do them any more they just didn't pay in NY.
  7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm with GV. Plow on a truck. I service gas stations and wouldn't waste my time with anything else. They're bad enough with trucks. Unless you live in a very slow paced rural community where there isn't a need for you to be in and out, don't over think it or waste money on something completely un necessary. A quad? By the time you unload it and dick around you could be finished with the truck and on to the next one.