1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Idea for easiest fix for Smartlight 2 broken mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gunsworth, Jan 4, 2012.

1. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

I sheared the plate that holds the "plow bolt" which allows the never ending adjustment of the stupid lights. has anyone ever just deleted that setup entirely and mounted bolts through the housing to the bar? then to adjust I figure just notch the mount for the entire bar assembly for adjustment? I have tried keeping these damn things greased and adjusted, well they only stayed put last year because they rusted in place :realmad:

I wont be around my plow for a few days and was figuring i would need the whole housing, but would rather save the cash and aggravation of a ****** setup (especially since my workers wil now be using this plow, as I have moved onto a new V-XT for my primary :D)

In my head it seems simple, is there something I am forgetting without looking at my plow that would make this not work?

Assuming we ever get any damn snow
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Tig weld it and it will never shake lose, and if you want to move it, you can just grind the weld.