1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Idea for 06-07 snoplwing...

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by grandview, Jan 5, 2006.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking about after a snow fall going around and seeing how other lots look or maybe what time they were done.Then send out a letter right away and ask how the service was and offer a estimate for next seasons plowing.
    This way its fresh in their mine.
    Any thoughts.
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Can't hurt. Keep track of who does not respond and then get them again in the fall.
  3. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

good idea

I have had the same thoughts. Seems like a good idea to me, think I will give it a shot also.
  4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yeah sounds like a good idea. Just be sure to include that you do the lot right next to it, and how good it looks when your done compared to theirs. :cool:
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just have to wait no snow for 3weeks now. high today was 63 in Buffalo
  6. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

no snow

yeah we haven't had any snow for a couple weeks either. Hard to make $$$ with per push and hourlies. What is worse, we have recieved about 1/2 inch of rain here, snow piles are very harc, gonna be hard to stack next snow fall.
  7. trinitygrove

trinitygrove Member

I always do that but in a different way, Ive landed a few accounts by doing this, the gas station near my work was never done on time, so we talked during the winter last year and it is now my account, she was hesitant on paying the extra money, but she is quite the happy person now. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have business cards on you, it has always worked better for me to show up in person, if you send a letter it might get tossed. Although anything that you would do would be better than doing nothing.
    Go for the gold!