1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ID this setup??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by porabjr, Nov 8, 2014.

1. porabjr

porabjr Member

Hey western guys, I am looking at buying an 87 Dodge W250. Guy claims he is running a meyer pump with a 7 foot western blade. Anyone familiar with a setup like this. How long ago did western have a 7 footer?

01515_hX5VvUQweS1_600x450.jpg

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Could have been birdseedd first truck

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure it's a 7' and not bigger? That's just a cobbled together plow. Meyer pump with western plow. I'm sure there's been some welding going on in there

4. porabjr

porabjr Member

I thought the same thing. He insists it is 7 feet. He are a few more pics I had him send me.

plow.jpg

controller.jpg

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like 3 trip springs, so.that's still a 7'6. It's still a cobbled set up fyi. And a 7' won't clear the truck width

6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

pics are too small for me to see, but there was a 7' std blade on the 80's style (4 ribs, 2 springs, quadrant hooks up to two ribs with 5/8" bolts), and also there was a 7' in the old 70's style plow (5 ribs, 3 springs, quadrant hooks to 3 ribs with 3/4" pins).