1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'd be interested to know...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Roger Dodger, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

... what the percentage is for trucks outfitted with plows vs the non-plow trucks in southern Pa., Maryland, NYC, Philadelphia areas. In other words, something like for every 1000 pick up trucks there are 25 with plows in the city or state of.....

I should take a couple days off work and head to Maryland or PA/Maryland state line!!! I could pay off my truck early!

2. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Well FOX News alert just flashed near 1500 plows and 148,000 tons of salt being mobilized for NYC !! They are requesting help from those with plows!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2003
  3. The_Burning_Rom

The_Burning_Rom Member

They were putting Plows on garbage trucks in NYC one morning on the news. That was kind of interesting. Don't see much of that around here.

4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Here in philly all the trash trucks are outfitted with road plows.

5. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

that way they wont get stuck on the way to thecorner bar lol.

cardoctor:p

6. phillyplowking1

7. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

Yea, here in Chicago when the Streets and Sanatation dept cant keep up with the snow on the roads, usually 10inches or more,
    they mount plows on the garbage trucks. Kinda funny.

Ultimate lawns and more,

8. phillyplowking1

This year the city of philadelphia put plows on pretty much anything from polaris rangers to trash trucks .But still my street never gets plowed!It doesnt do much good when they put some1 that doesnt know what they are doing behind the wheel.