1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

IceBuster walk-behind spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by shooterm, Dec 1, 2010.

1. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I bought this as a last sec purchase at Northern Tool during a Ice Storm. So far I've had to disassemble main spinner shaft redrill cotter pin hole. While taking apart the spreader has three different size bolts nuts scatter haphazardly throughout the spreader. Now I'm wrapping the deflector shields main bracing bar in rubber hose so its a secure fit and doesnt flop around uselessly. Also while sitting indian style on my garage I figure the gear drive/cog system is very loose and needs washers. If this continues I'm going to burn it after a few beers.

2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

damn, I was going to buy one of these because Im cheap, might have to re-think that

3. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I bought it because Northern is aboot three blocks from me and floor guy told me they've carried it last two years and showed me the full parts list. I knew I'd "customize" it but the redrilling the hole for cooter pin to fit and different bolts/nuts irked me off to no end. As long as I dont have to fix it mid storm:yow!: I'll be happy.

4. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

made in China by people who never saw a snowstorm

5. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

does any one know of a GOOD spreader that throws a nice uniform pattern ? i could care less about the cost i just want a nice, well built spreader that WORKS.

Going to look at a snow ex next....

6. deicepro

feel like taking any pics and posting?

7. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Couldn't agree more. Imagine buying one of they're machines and getting to a hydraulic hose :eek:.

8. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Sure, I'll post them tomorrow night. I have to hydroseed the snow tomorrow :).

9. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

i may try a drop spreader next, seems like a uniform pattern will be much easier to achieve.

10. deicepro

thanks, that would be great