1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by iakentdoz, Feb 24, 2007.

1. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

We are getting heavy ice build up today. over 1/2 and counting. My scanner has calls for power lines down all over Eastern Iowa. Plus it looks like we could get heavy snow tonight and Sunday, 6 -12".

2. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

6-10 in cant wait
  3. Whip

Whip Member

I certainly don't envy you guys. I hate dealing with ice, much less trying to plow the snow that's on top of it. Good luck.
  4. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

It actually hasn't been too bad so far... the air temp is staying right around 32 so I have been a slush pusher all evening... the biggest problem that I have had is all the traffic routed thru town here because they shut down I-80 due to downed High-Tension wires......stupid truckers.....outta my way I'm tryin to work here!!!

Oh well....accuweather says 1-3 for snow but is calling for 34-38 degree temps.
    Tomorrow is gonna be some heavy pushin....payup
  5. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Was not the truckers fault, Power lines were hanging low due to the ice and a truck run into it the plower lines. I think the power lines should have been under ground!

Coralville/ North Liberty was without power since about 4 Pm last night. Just came back on.
  6. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

the ice makes for beautiful pictures and scenery but it is one heck of a destructive beauty
  7. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I never said that it was the Truckers their fault....just that they were in the way....

Was a truck the cause of the outage in north liberty????

The High tension wires that were down over here were between the Wilton & Durant exits.... I was told that I-80 was shut down from West Branch to Walcott because of it....
  8. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

my driveway