1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Showmestaterida, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Here we go again. Wish we could just get some snow. Ice accu. of up to 1-11/2 inches is the forcast for St. Louis. Still raining, waiting to make the move to go salt.

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Thats always good for taking down the power lines.

3. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

take some pics of it

Chris

4. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Still waiting for this huge ice storm they are calling for. Still raining!! No ice yet.

5. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Guys I can tell you first hand ice sucks.. ive been through them here in ny.. ABout 5 years ago a horible one was with out power for a week almost.. I have never cut so many trees at once in my life.. eveyrthing was just snaped !!! Good luck to all of you

6. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Down in SW MO, so far we have about an inch of ice and then a couple of snow. I posted some pics in the storm pics forum.

7. kysnowman

kysnowman Member

I know the ice is no fun to deal with, but you get to go out and throw down alot of salt. Alot more money in salt! I wouldn't complain to much since alot of areas haven't got anything!
    If I never had to plow snow again that would be fine as long as I could salt a buch.

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Only sand for us and it's limited. NOBODY has any salt. Us contractors are pretty much stuck with sand.

9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

let me know if you need any trees cut up down there. i've got loaders, dump trucks,lots of chain saws, and plenty of help ready to go. i could be down there teusday am

10. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

What's up with people posting topics without pics in this thread lately? Argh! sorry I just am hoping for photos everytime I look in a thread in the photo section