1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice storm 2013

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by MSS Mow, Dec 25, 2013.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Here in Eastern Maine we have gotten 3/4-1" of ice accumulation since Friday. The freezing rain has since moved on but the ice remains and tens of thousands remain without power and hundreds of linemen and tree crews are working around the clock to repair. Here are A few pictures of the storm. Enjoy.

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Ok, how on earth do I post pictures from a smart phone? This damn phone is smarter than I am! lol

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Tinypic.com

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That sucks, best of luck to you!

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

It's been on the news here that PSEG has sent out 50 man crew to Maine to help out restore power. they're required to work 16 hour shifts until the lights are back on up there. Really great that other states / power companies are willing to help out, especially this time of year.

Safe time to all those affected up there..

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Tough folks up there! I don't read all the crying like we get down here in sw ct.True New Englanders. Just throw another log on the fire and pass the venison.Thumbs Up

7. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Central Maine Power says there are still over 2,300 customers without power in my county. I think it was 21,000+ statewide last time I looked.
    There was one death, in Waldo County, from carbon monoxide while somebody was refueling their generator.

8. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I live in Hancock County. Bangor hydro is still reporting of 9,000+ people still without power and won't be restored until the weekend. Right now we are 4 days with out power. It sucks yes but the only thing I can say is thank god for the wood stove and gravity feed of water from the well for everything.

9. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

10. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

11. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

12. Mr.Plow King

Mr.Plow King Junior Member

A few pictures of the ice storm. Here in New Brunswick there are about 20,000 without power with restoration times around the 31st.

IMG-20131226-00345.jpg

IMG-20131226-00346.jpg

Saint David-20131226-00347.jpg

13. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Sorry it wouldn't let put them all in one post. Those were taken the other day as the sun was coming out, a couple were taken inside then outside with my phone

14. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for sending the help our way! Still lots of people without power. Now it's snowing today, with 4-7" expected.

15. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Here's some from my area...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Finally got some ice storm pics on here. Sorry for the delay. We've had two decent snow storms since then and more ice. Been running around the clock. More snow on tap for tomorrow! No complaints here! (except for no sleep! lol)

ice storm.jpg

ice storm2.jpg

ice storm3.jpg

ice storm4.jpg

ice storm5.jpg

17. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

A few more. Enjoy!! We had nearly 1" of ice accumulation!! Everything is still covered nearly two weeks later. Temp has not been above freezing since.

ice storm6.jpg

ice storm7.jpg

ice storm 8.jpg

boss plow ice.jpg

18. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

poor snowplow :nono:

19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Great pictures Dean. I'm glad we didn't get that much ice down in my area.

20. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Yeah I know it. Poor plow! :cry: It's somewhat cleaned off now. Lots of wet snow stuck to it though, and now it's below zero here so it's frozen on. Old Man Winter is pissed this year! He's bringing it!!