1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice storm 2-20-2011....Southwest Michigan

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by rb8484, Feb 26, 2011.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Finally got around to posting some photos of the ice storm we had last Sunday. We live in town, and lost power Sunday night, and it didnt come back on until Wednesday. Went through twice as much salt as normal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I hate freezing rain.

4. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Accuweather said Hillsdale co was to be hit the hardest and we did get it good! quite a few people were out of power for 6days, one fatality in the area, and a ton of down trees/lines. My generator logged 93.6. hrs. I'll have to look at the hour meters on our stand by gens. I know the one didnt get power back until Friday night around 10pm.

here are a few photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

7. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

8. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

That was a heck of an ice storm , wasnt it? Consumers just got the last of the power turned on in Kalamazoo county yesterday. Almost lost one of my plow trucks, 12" diameter limb came down 3 feet from the truck

9. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Great pics!

10. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Excellent pics!! We just got missed up here!!

11. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Ice is a PITA but sure does look beautiful.

12. stargazer

stargazer Member

I agree. I hate and fear ice storms, but some of the photos here are art photos. Very beautiful!!

13. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Yes they are! We had a ice storm a few years ago, and I took some photos, and one of them turned out AWESOME! I took the photo and had it blown up into a small poster size and hung it on the wall in my office!

14. stargazer

stargazer Member

You clearly have an eye for composition! Nice work.

15. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Im just glad the stuff is almost gone! now its just raining ice chunks off the trees! :dizzy:

we did make it on www.WILX.com for still having 600 people out of power

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  16. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

not meaning to be a dink or anything...but how do you rip your light off the plow frame like that!?? i see lots of people like that and i cant figure i out!

17. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

The blade tripped back and it shakes the frame, It cracked the housing then kept growing and growing. The one thing I liked about my Western Pro was the shock absorber! The plow is 10yrs old and I've only had to do a few cutting edges and a C valve. Im sure its time for some new lights! Thumbs Up