1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice road plowers?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by doh, Jan 14, 2010.

1. doh

doh Senior Member

Ok I have an "Ice road price/hour"

So you drive 2-4 hours, to thier Cottage to find it trampled by Snowmobile tracks, do you add to the bill?

Or do you go by the hour?

I hate Snowmobiles, They make you look like you have done nothing/hour. Meanwhile thier sled tracks have caused you to be out there an extra 2or 3 hours.

Anybody face the same problem?
  2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

If you charge by the hour, charge by the hour.
  3. doh

doh Senior Member

But say a 2our job takes4 hours, and the next quoter says "Il'll do it for $150," Don't you feel guilty for taking an extra hour?

I should charge out $135 for this, when the job was actually a $290 job.

But the tracks are not my fault.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  4. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

dude you live in NW ONTARIO what did you expect
  5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

$135 for 4 hours work.... u gota find some new customers
  6. doh

doh Senior Member

True I battle Snowmobile tracks everytime, but they had thier bay tramped down like a carpet.

Oh well, not really interested on getting on thier "Preffered List" I'll see what reaction I get @ per hour.

Next question. So you have 12 miles of road, on the ice, to your cottage. It takes you 5 hours to break open.

You see 1 cottage on the way, has a parking lot already plowed out. No road to it! Then the second trip, there is another cabin off branch at 3 miles, and at 7 miles and 8 mile (with the parking lot.)

With no help on the main road. Do you plow the off branches in?
  7. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I would and tell the other guy he has a mess to clean up. No different than the town plow berming in driveways. JMO
  8. plowking15

plowking15 Member

I can't believe they couldn't find somebody closer to plow.I have snowmobiles but I don't ride off trail or where I shouldn't. plowking