1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice plowing

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Kris_Kris, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Kris_Kris

Kris_Kris Member
    from Indiana

There was only about 3" on the ground but it was all ice. We could only use the truck once the excavator busted the ice up. This was slow but our parking lot is clear now. The excavator could only push about 1/2 of a blade worth or it would just sit there and spin the tracks.

180767_1574447563312_1299244171_31240308_4108357_n.jpg

180412_1574451243404_1299244171_31240310_4413410_n.jpg

2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

that would be awfully slow snow removal operation with the excavator, lol, but whatever works.

3. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

well as long as you get paid, it does not matter how you do it.

4. Kris_Kris

Kris_Kris Member
    from Indiana

Well, we only plow our parking lot at work and I do a few drive ways. We could have taken all day if we had to. But I will say, It was faster than the truck. The truck could not move the stuff at all.

5. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

Its the biggest mess ive ever seen the plows even my rear plow does nothing like shooting bb's at a tank I only got up a few place that were pre salted surprised more people have commented from indiana about the ice

6. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

We got an inch of sleet that turned into ice Tuesday night into Wednesday. Worst stuff I ever plowed. Truck took a real beating. Then turned back to snow for a few hours and back to rain shortly after glazing over the snow.