1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice pellets vs snow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by oldschoo, Jan 14, 2007.

1. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

I've checked MI to see how the snow if falling and now it looks like it's mostly going to be ice pellets. Are these too tough for snow blowers?
    Is this something that a shovel with ice would be better for? I don't have a plow yet. I'm just wondering but it seems like ice pellets may be tougher to cut through than snow or would it just scoot off just as easily if it's on top of snow? This stuff is really gettin more complicated than I thought. If it had only snowed in my own town this year I'd have gotten some practice here, but I'm going to have to travel like I've said, hence all these questions. I'm going to spend like $40 in gas to get to the town and have motel expenses so I'm just hoping I can at least make $200-300 in a 8-10 hr day. I know a guy with plow can make a lot more, but I'm just starting of course.