1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice-O-Way Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Duncan90si, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

http://www.iceoway.com/index.htm

I found one locally for my friend to buy and we went and picked it up today. I'm pi$$ed that I didn't buy it for myself. It makes my Western look like a POS.

It is the nicest designed gas powered V-box I have ever seen. The whole chute and spinner removes in about 3 seconds. Its got a 14" wide drag chain. The gearbox chain has a spring loaded self tensioner on it so you don't have to remove darn links (atleast for awhile). The engine cover removes in about 2 seconds to make it easier to work on in tight areas. The feed gate is smoother going up and down than any other brand I've seen. Overall its a sweet unit.

Does anyone have one of these? Any reliability issues with parts? If I buy a new V-box anytime soon I know what brand its going to be.

2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Not a single person on here owns one?

3. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

Even on a new ice-o-way make sure the set screws are tight...loctite them in, especially on the drive sprocket coming off the engine. Maybe keep a spare set screw and key for the sprocket on the engine. Other then that they're a great vbox.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  4. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

I agree that I love how easy the chute and spinner come off. Its nice how you can tow a skidsteer with your salter if you have to, just set the chute/spinner on the back seat....just be sure to put a tarp or something down so you don't make a mess.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008