1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice-O-Way Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snoluvr, Jan 19, 2004.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have an '03 250 superduty. I have been looking at the Ice-O-Way spreader. Does anyone have any info for me? I am not sure how they compare to Fishers or DownEast but I know the price is right. a 6.5' is going for $2695. Also I have a short bed so need to stick with the short one.:help:

2. Rodeo Rider

Rodeo Rider Junior Member

We have 2 of the 8 foot models. One 3 years old, and the other one is 2 years old. Never had a problem with either one except the occasional driver backing into something and damaging the lower unit. ours have removable chutes , excellent for stacking one on top of the other for summer storage.

3. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Ice-O-Way

Thanks for the info.It seems they all pretty much look the same too me.All have the same thickness,engine...I also don't want to spend a ton,and a local dealer has the 6 1/2' for $2699. I think I will go for it.Will let all know how it works out.

4. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

snoluvr, thats a good price. The plow delaer in my area, Southford Garage, is who makes those sanders. I can't even buy one there for that price.