1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice o way sander?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by oldsw-31, Jan 17, 2006.

1. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

I have a Ice O Way sander and I heard SnoWay was one of there distubutors. Is this true. the model I believe I have is a PS0814SS.
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Sno-Way is not a distributor for Ice o Way. We sell our own private label line of sanders that are manufactured by a company called Northeast Fabricators out of Walton, NY. Having a manufacuting facility in the northeast provides us the warehouse flexability to react to our customers needs in this region of the country. I hope this answers your question.

Tom O'Brien
    Western District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.
  3. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I did a search on the web try this site www.iceoway.com I hope this helps
  4. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

They are made right here in CT

PLANET Member

Echo Is correct as usual, Ice-o-way sanders are made in Oxford ct And they work great.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The folks at Southford Truck (Ice-O-Way) build an excellent unit. They conceived the original swing away chute, everybody else has knocked it off from them. Well thought out and constructed, their swing-a-way chute and spring loaded spinner coupling is the bomb. I also like the chain/sprocket coupling system they use between the gear reduction unit and main conveyor drive. Their units are durable and easily serviced or repaired.
    Your model is a Pickup Sized 08 foot 1.4 yard Stainless Steel. The 1.4 is a struck volume, meaning filled level with the top of the hopper, you can add 6" side extensions and increase it's struck capacity to 2 yards with-out having problems.
  7. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

So I take it that this is a really good sander. from what I was told they retail for about $4500. does anyone else have any experience with them
  8. thayermike

thayermike Junior Member

I've been using one for 3 seasons now. The only complaint i have is that the idler sprocket assembly went south pretty quick. Last year i fabbed up a replacement. Right now I am working on installing an elastomeric tensioner in its place.
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They've redesigned the idler