1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice-O-Way owners

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Fusion Fab, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Fusion Fab

Fusion Fab Junior Member

I was wondering how the ice o way v boxes are holding up. Im in the market for one but i do not have dealer support so i need a good product. I appreciate your thought and or suggestions of a better unit. :redbounce
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Cadillac of the industry. Top quality components, super well designed.
    They invented the swingaway chute. The engine cover seals completely to keep material out of the motor compartment, many little touches that make them a notch above the others. The only thing they don't include is a vibrator.
  3. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

we got one at work...i dont even know how old the thing is but we keep her indoors in the summer...great spreader
  4. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

We have six right now, and should be getting three more this season. My oldest right now is an 01. Last year we retired a mild steel unit from 99. It was still running good, however the steel around the conveyor was pretty rusted. All of ours are now stainless. It makes a huge difference. Southford continues to put some time into R&D and they are extremely nice units. A little preventative maintenance each year goes along way.