1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice Melter I found

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Enzo, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Hello All,

I found this store called Greinger, They sell tools and all that stuff and they were selling 50 pounds of ice melter for $45. I wanted to know if this is a good deal or if I can go online and get some for cheaper. I am using a scotts lawn fertilizer for a spreader until I can afford to buy a spreader that hooks into the back of my truck in the receiver. If anyone knows where I could order some ice melter for cheap please let me know. Thanks

2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

3. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Well that is what it looks like almost. The one i saw was blue though. My dad also went to some Grainger store around here and he said it was around the $40 ballpark. He might be on crack lol I dont know.

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

go 2 lesco lot cheaper for lesco melt

5. montanag

montanag Member

Lesco, or John Deere Supply (I believe they bought Lesco), lots of products available for at least 1/4 the price. We pay $8.99 per 50 lb bag of sno plow (potassium chlorid/magnesium chloride, sodium chloride mix), and early in the season it was $6.99 bag. That sounds really high though at Grainger. Good luck

6. SnowMelt2006

SnowMelt2006 Member

CP Industries Premiere Ice Melt....................90% + sodium blend.

7. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

thanks guys now to find places in ct where they got this stuff