1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ice melt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ukcats, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ukcats

ukcats Junior Member
    from Pa

hey guys.

I'm new to the snow removal buss. I have a plow and a meyers hitch salter. I'm looking to buy right around 100 50lb bags of calcium pellets. If any one have some they would like to get rid of please let me know. I'm in central pa

2. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

what would you pay per bag for that?

3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

New to the business

Check out www.profitsareus.com for a snow and ice management bidding package. This package includes a comprehensive snow & ice manual, CD with snow templates in Microsoft word that are completely customizable to your business for contracts, proposal formats, route sheets, sample invoicing, hours of operation sheet and many more, and a CD Quick Estimator that calculates pricing for per push, per event, seasonal, hourly etc. The quick estimator also calculates deicing material application rates for both granular and liquid applications.

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 800-845-0499. Being in the snow & ice management business our self since 1979, we know what a snow contractor is looking for.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What the heck does this have to do with where to get calcium chloride?

5. ukcats

ukcats Junior Member
    from Pa

thanks for the reply Wayne Volz. But I wanted to buy some calcium pellets not a book or a cd. I have a lawn care buss. and already know how to do all the stuff u spoke about

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

nEW TO THE BUSINESS

Thought if he is new to the snow & ice management business he may want some help on bidding jobs and figuring job costs. Many times, finding the ice melter, plows and trucks is the easiest part of the business.