1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ice melt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 2guysandaplow, Jul 7, 2006.

1. 2guysandaplow

2guysandaplow Junior Member

what online stores do yall get ice melt from no local dealers here

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

First, I'd suggest going to a local hardware or lumber store. Second, a local store that sells landscaping supplies (Home Depot or similar stores). Third, do an online search for "ice melt supplies".

Personally, I make my own using rock salt and Magic -0.

3. 2guysandaplow

2guysandaplow Junior Member

mick

where do i get the magic -0 stuff and what is it

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

2guysandaplow, you can find a lot of information on this and the other subjects by doing a search on this site and an Internet search. I've been trying to answer your questions and don't mind doing it, but there really is a lot of good, basic information using the search feature. In fact, I just had a long reply written up about the basics of sanders (also known as spreader), then lost it before I got it posted. The crux of it was to spend some time reading brand-specific sites such as Western, Fisher (which are actually the same from the same manufacturing line), Boss, Meyer and Buyer; just to name a few.

See the "Search" feature at the top of the page? Click on it and type in any subject of interest.