1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice Melt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Paramountnh, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Paramountnh

Paramountnh Junior Member
    from NH

Hello
    We are located in NH and was using industrial blue ice melt but can no longer get the product. Our distributors are telling us they are no longer making the product. Has anyone else run into this problem. It's bad for us because we really liked the product.
    So we are faced with trying different ice melts and have not found any that can compare to the color and effectiveness of industrial blue. Some have tried to get us to switch to the bagged magic ice melt.
    Looking for opinions on a good ice melt. Thank you.

2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Straight calcium chloride.

3. Allstar_Inc

Allstar_Inc Junior Member

I have used melt-a-way blue and it works good. Try b f g supply dot com search cle924.

4. Jet Stream

Jet Stream Junior Member

We've got Earth Guard All Natural Ice Melter and/or regular bagged rock salt.
    Read about the Earth Guard HERE ==> http://screencast.com/t/Sf8B2vLS

Let me know if you would like a quote. We have bulk and bagged salt PLUS liquid calcium chloride blend ALL DELIVERED BY THE TRUCKLOAD. Let me know if I can help. Susan, Jet Stream Fuels, 786-566-0195, scromer@jetstreamfuels.com

Have you seen our ad here on PLOWSITE?

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Straight CC is just a wee bit over kill don't ya think?

We've always used blends, hotter blends for colder temps. It isn't like it's -20 every night.