1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ice Melt Supplier Needed

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Leaveit2Us, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Leaveit2Us

Leaveit2Us Junior Member

I am looking for places to get synthetic Ice Melt. My supplier from last year raised their prices too high. Any input is appreciated. :help:

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What is synthetic Ice Melt?

How does it work on synthetic Ice?

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Try JDL they offer some pre season incentives (price and terms) for 1/2 semi and full semi loads.

4. Leaveit2Us

Leaveit2Us Junior Member

Is bulk the way to go or is bagged better? Also any tips on storage for both.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Bulk is cheaper to purchase, loading is best done with a loader and it needs to be stored in a covered bunker with a concrete or paved floor or in a shop.
    Bagged cost more, no equipment needed to load and can be stored outside under a tarp on a pallet.
    If salting is a big part of your operation you're better off going with bulk.
    If you'd only be going through 3-4 pallets of bagged, bags are the way to go.

Depending what you buy bagged will run you about 2X a ton more than bulk.

6. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Hit me up on PM. I have a guy who can get you good pricing on Pallets or Bulk products out of New England area and has shipments that come down to White Marsh where you can also pick up if needed.

7. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

I rent a 15 yard dumpster and tarp it. I have a machine that stays with it to load hoppers.

8. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Did you find an Ice melt supplier? My guy has a large operation right out of White Marsh plant. Please let me know if you are still looking for bulk Pallet pricing in Rocks Salt or Ice melt, Calcium, blend, etc.