1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ice melt storage at customer site

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by somervillesnow, Nov 4, 2012.

1. somervillesnow

somervillesnow Junior Member

Do you store ice melt at the customer site? How has your experience been. Seems like a good way to cut down on runs during the storm, if the customer is OK with it.
  2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Are you talking about resi customers? If so, with some of my resi customers I leave a 5 gallon pail at the front door(with a good lid) and just charge them x amount every time it needs filling. Some people pay me to spread it when I'm there, others do it them selfs & just pay for bucket refills, end of season I collect buckets.
  3. somervillesnow

somervillesnow Junior Member

My goal is to save time during the storm going to fetch more salt when my truck runs out and also maybe save time from bringing the salt from the truck to the property (this is an urban area so sometimes I can't park in a good spot.) I don't charge separately for ice melt.